History of Bosqueville Baptist Church
Bosqueville Baptist Church is one of the oldest rural congregations in McLennan County. It was organized by the Rev. S.G. O’Bryan in 1854 and has worshiped without interruption since it’s beginning. We began meeting in an old log schoolhouse and later at Bosqueville College.
In 1887 the Bosque Masonic Lodge and the church jointly built a meetinghouse that burned within four months. The first sanctuary was completed in 1895, but the present sanctuary was built in 1917.
In 1953 Bosqueville experienced a period of growth and our membership skyrocketed to over 150 in Sunday school. As a result, we entered into an ambitious building program and added additional Sunday school classrooms, a fellowship hall, a kitchen, and restrooms on the north side of the auditorium. We also built a parsonage for the pastor and his family in 1959.
During the last twenty- five years there have been three major additions to the church facilities. We built a children’s building followed by a Family Life Center that includes a full size gym, kitchen and additional classrooms. We also purchased two houses that were bought to be used for missionary homes at a later date.
Bosqueville Baptist Church is a warm and friendly congregation affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas who welcomes all those seeking to worship Christ. We give thanks to God for our inspiring history, but we are looking forward to the future as we plan for more and greater opportunities to serve God and extend the kingdom. We pray that God will continue to be ever with us and strengthen us that his name may be glorified.